Ultra Mirage El Djerid 2022
UMED2022 Race Series will take place on Saturday 01 Oct 2022 in Tozeur. Registrations will open on Wednesday 01 Dec 2021
What is UMED?
The Ultra Mirage© El Djerid (UMED) Race series is the first desert Ultra taking place in the stunning Tunisian Sahara desert.
The Event is organised in the Djerid region every first weekend of the month of October.
Both 100km and 50km single stage races take runners across a wide diversity of terrains, ranging from soft sand, small dunes, rocks, dried river beds, oasis...
Both medical and technical help as well as water supply will be available at each checkpoint.
This race is open to all types of athletes, from professional ultra runners to anyone passionate about ultra trails.
Welcome to Tozeur
Tozeur is the main city of the Djerid, a region situated in South West of Tunisia. It is very well known for its stunning surroundings with a mixture of Rocky Mountains, valleys, salt lakes and desert dunes and most of all for the generosity of its people. The area of the Djerid has been the background of famous movies including Star Wars, the English Patient just to name a few. The diversity and the beauty of the Djerid makes it a major attraction for tourists from all around the world.
The UMED Race Series are organised by "Association Ultra Marathon Tunisie", a non-profit organisation who's only motive is to help promote the sport and the Djerid region. Our values and principles stand at the heart of our organisation. UMED is much more than just a common desert race. Our event supports:
- Gender equality: first athletic event in the country to apply gender equality on all prize money
- The Djerid Region: our event attracts more than 400 tourists from 25 different countries every year
- Sustainability: one of the first signatories of the Courmayeur convention for "clean sporting events"
- Inclusivity: we rely on local artisans, food producers and manpower, be it to supply the tasty Djerid dates, to race mashals and other helpers
- Plastic-free goodies: we aim to deliver the most eco-friendly experience to all and are very careful in selecting suppliers who embrace our principals