Ultra Mirage El Djerid 2020
Tozeur, Friday 02 / Saturday 03 October 2020
* Guests & Runners coming from outside of Tunisia: Please note that IT IS YOUR RESPONSABILITY to check the health protocols applied on entry to Tunisia by the local Health Authorities. Those may include a 1-2week quarantine
* All Guests & Runners entering Tunisian borders are required to present a NEGATIVE COVID-19/PCR TEST REGARDLESS OF THEIR COUNTRY OF ORIGIN
* Thursday 01 October: Times and Pick-up points of Bus Shuttles from Tunis to Tozeur will be announced in the coming days
* Friday 02 October: Race Registration will take place at Hotel Ras El Ain Tozeur between 09.00 and 13.00. Entry to the registration hall will be in groups of 40 runners at a time according to race numbers.
* Race Briefing by RD Amir BEN-GACEM will be done exclusively online Friday 02 October between 13.00 and 16.00
What is UMED?
The Ultra Mirage© El Djerid (UMED) is the first 100km Ultra Trail taking place in the stunning Tunisian Sahara desert.
A single stage race that takes runners across a wide diversity of terrains, ranging from soft sand, small dunes, rocks, dried river beds, oasis...
Runners will have 20 hours to finish the race with very specific deadlines to reach each of the five checkpoints which will be between 15-20km apart.
Both medical and technical help as well as water supply will be available at each checkpoint.
This race is open to all types of athletes, from professional ultra runners to anyone passionate about ultra trails, with a lot of training of course.
Welcome to Tozeur
Tozeur is the main city of the Djerid, a region situated in South West of Tunisia. It is very well known for its stunning surroundings with a mixture of Rocky Mountains, valleys, salt lakes and desert dunes and most of all for the generosity of its people. The area of the Djerid has been the background of famous movies including Star Wars, the English Patient just to name a few. The diversity and the beauty of the Djerid makes it a major attraction for tourists from all around the world.