UMED / Covid-19
As the health of our runners, organisers, volunteers and partners is our upmost priority, we have decided to implement the following measures:
- UMED 50km and 100km races will be maintained for Saturday the 3rd of October 2020 (as per original schedule)
- The number of runners across the 2 races will be halved from 600 to only 300 for social distancing purposes
- Race registration, Bib and goodies collection will be done by appointment only throughout Friday 2nd of October in Tozeur to avoid overcrowding
- Mandatory race briefing will be done exclusively on Video, available 48h before race day - minimum of 3 languages (English, French, Arabic)
- All questions will be answered and addressed online by the race director a full week ahead of race day
- GPX files of both UM50 and UM100 will be available online 48h ahead of the race
- Race departure will be done by groupes of 25 runners at the starting line in Ong Jmel with 2m distance between each athlete
- UM100 runners will start ahead of the UM50 runners and as early as 6am (instead of 7am), with a 25 runners group departing every 10minutes
- The time windows will not change with UM100 and UM50 deadlines maintained at 20h and 10h
- Checkpoints will only distribute water - served by volunteers into athletes’ water containers. Dry food will be provided to runners during race registration only and will have to be carried by each athlete on race day
- Checkpoints will be doubled in capacity to allow social distancing for athletes while they are resting
- Each athlete will have a specific time slot at checkpoint to allow everyone to rest while keeping social distancing
- Food packs will be available for runners on arrival at the finish line for both UM50 and UM100
- The closing ceremony will be exclusively done online to avoid overcrowding
- All athletes will be required to wear face masks (provided) before and after the race and in common areas
- Friends and family are of course encouraged to join the event!
- You can choose to allow Race director Amir Ben-Gacem to give you your medal (and maybe a hug) at the finish line or just collect it at arrival 😉
God bless you all and see you in Tozeur in October.
Ultra Mirage El Djerid Organisation Team
UMED 100K Records
Rachid El Morabity
2019 / 8h 21' 29''
2018 / 10h 25' 19''
Khalil Ben Gacem
2019 / 15y old
2019 / 65y old
UMED 50K Records
Mohamed Ben Ameur (Tunisia)
2020 / 4h28'43"
Imen Ben Salem (Tunisia)
2020 / 5h54'58"
Abdrahim Fitouri (Tunisia)
2020 / 18y old
Ridha Moalla (Tunisia)
2020 / 64y old
2020 Race Updates
The 100K and 50K tracks
There will be few changes in the 100K track compared to the previous edition. The UMED 50K and the UMED 100K will have a 35 km of common track, until the CP2.
Check Points/ Hydratation Points
Big Update in 2020 : There will be Hydratation Points (HP) with water supply only, in addition to the Check Points. For the UMED 100K : 5 CP & 3 HP and for the UMED 50K : 2 CP & 2 HP.
Back Pack (to carry a minimum of 2L of water)
Torch (head torch or equivalent)
Passport / ID card